Consultant Fertility Physician
- Dr. Kedar Ganla is Founder of Ankoor Fertility Clinic, Mumbai and in practice since last 25 years. He began his journey as an Infertility Officer at the esteemed Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity hospital, his parent institute where he completed his postgraduation between 1991-95. He held the post of Infertility Officer in the year 1996 and started Systematic Evaluation of Infertile couples, different ovulation induction protocols, transvaginal sonography and sonohysterographies. He was Ex-coordinator in Centre for Human Reproduction at Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Powai Mumbai. Under his leadership the center was performing about 350 cycles per year with about 150 donor recipient cycles per year. He consults patients with various infertility problems, goes to the core of the problem and advises accordingly. His infertility management not only includes medical management and ART procedures but also counselling for stress management and lifestyle modifications. Many patients have benefited with this different approach to their problem. He is MD Gynecology in practice for last 20 years. He has been at the Forefront of Assisted Reproductive Technology since 1996. He has worked with thousands of infertile patients over the last decade using a combination of attentive personal care and advanced medical technology.
- Dr. Kedar had been a consultant fertility physician for six years at the Department of Assisted Reproductive technology and stem cell research at Regenesis-Reliance Life Sciences, Mumbai. Initially he worked as Clinical Associate in the Department of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. He has specialized in treating couples with more challenging infertility diagnosis including male infertility, women with diminished Ovarian reserve, decreased Sub endometrial blood flow, Failure of implantation, Genital Tuberculosis, women in Elderly age group and Stress Management.
- He is an accomplished clinical researcher and an author of numerous articles at National and International Publications on infertility.
- M.D. (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Seth G.S. Medical College, the University of Mumbai.
- D.N.B. (Obstetrics & Gynecology) National Board of Examination New Delhi.
- D.G.O. (Obstetrics & Gynecology) College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai.
- F.C.P.S (Obstetrics & Gynecology) College of Physician & Surgeons, Mumbai.
- D.F.P. (Diploma in Family Planning) College of Physician & Surgeons, Mumbai.
- M.B.B.S. The University of Bombay, Mumbai
Licensure & Certification
Maharashtra State Medical Council, India -Registration No- 69915.
“Role of Admission Test in Modern Obstetrics”
Submitted as Dissertation for the M.D. Examination to the University of Bombay (1995)
Current Designations & Positions held
- Honorary Secretary, Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Clinical Secretary, Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynecological Society (MOGS)
- Past Honorary Secretary of the Association of Maharashtra Obstetrics & Gynecological Society (AMOGS)
Member of Following Organizations
- Life member of the Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynecological Society (MOGS) since 1993.
- Member of The Managing Committee of the Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynecological Society (MOGS) 1997 till date.
- Life member of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecological Society of India (FOGSI) since 1993.
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) since 2002.
- Life Member of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) since 2000.
- Member of the Art of Living Foundation lead by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- FOGSI ( Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Society of India ) Imaging Modality Science Award-1998 for ‘Sonohysterography in patients with Bad Obstetrics History’
- FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Society of India ) Kumud Tamahskar Best thesis 2009- on ‘Role of subendometrial blood flow in unexplained infertility’
- Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society, Dr. N.K. Allhabadia Prize -1999 for ‘Sonohysterography in patients with Bad Obstetrics History’
- Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society, Dr S. K. BHANSALI Prize 2003 for ‘Use of Gelofusine to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation’
- Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society -Pramila Bhatia Young Scientific Award 2008 for ‘Impairment of the Endometrial and Sub-endometrial Blood Flow in Women with the Unexplained Infertility’
- Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society – Dr.H.D.Palep Best paper prize for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Prize on ‘Role Sperm DNA fragmentation in unexplained RPL’
Best Paper Presentation Prize:
- Maharashtra Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society
“Office Hysteroscopy in DUB”, 1997.
- Bombay Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society,
“Persistent Cloaca with prune belly like syndrome” 1997.
Best Poster Presentation Prize:
Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society
- Best poster on “Pentology of Cantrale” 1998.
- Best Poster on “In Vitro Maturation of Germinal Vesicles” 2005
- Best Poster on “Hysteroscopic Lateral Metroplasty in patients with thin Endometrium” 2006.
- Best poster on “Hysteroscopic Lateral metroplasty for patients With persistent thin Endometrium” 2007.
- Received a prize for poster presentation on “PCOS: Ovaries on strike” in the national Conference ‘The ovaries unraveled’ 2009.
- Scholarship by Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS)
- He was selected by Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) & International Federation Fertility Societies (IFFS) as a part of visiting international fellow program for the year 2005.
- He was awarded traveling fellowship to Canada at Ottawa and the Royal Victoria Hospital at Montreal.
- The scholarship also awarded him to attend 18th World congress on Fertility and Sterility that will be held in Montreal.
- He was awarded this prestigious prize on the basis of his pioneering work in the field of Infertility from India.
FOGSI Ethicon Fellowship – For the year 1997.
For training in specific field of Obst. & Gynae for duration of 6 weeks. During this period, he learned basic Micro surgical techniques for fallopian tube re-anastomosis at Ahmedabad and basic Ultrasound training at Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai.
Conference and Seminars
He has been conducting Infertility awareness program for General practitioners, family physicians, gynecologist and patients.
He has conducted more than 100 Live IUI workshops and is invited as a speaker for many Conferences and workshops in different parts of India.
Sri Lanka College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists – 2008
He was invited for the prestigious oration for the Prof .D.E. Gunathilake Memorial Symposium at Sri Lanka on the subject “Evaluation of Endometrium and its Role in Implantation”
Yuva Fogsi Oration –2010
Prestigious oration By Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India (FOGSI) for the young and academically acclaimed students. He was selected as the best candidate in India for this oration on the subject “Modern Management of the Infertile Man”.
Invited talk on ovulation induction and IUI in the “Andrology Update” Workshop held in March 2017 at Kenya in association with EART.
- Sildenafil citrate for the management of fetal growth restriction and oligohydramnios.
Int J Womens Health. 2016 Aug 9;8:367-72. doi: 10.2147/IJWH.S108370.
- Factors affecting perinatal mortality in India.
(Perinatal Audit) Prenet neonate med 2000: 5: 288 – 302
- Pyometra in the postpartum- A forgotten entity! Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. July 2019. 8(7).
- Multiple retreatments with Atosiban, an oxytocin receptor antagonist helps to delay the preterm labour successfully. Acta Scientific Women’s Health; vol 3, issue 5, May 2021.
- Rare case of bilateral ovarian lymphangioma with chylous ascites in pregnancy with review of literature. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India; Dec 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s13224-020-01377-7.
- Ovarian surface bleeding following transvaginal oocyte retrieval – a rare complication. London Journals of Medical and Health Research, London Journals Press. Vol 20, issue 6, compilation 10.
- Sildenafil citrate to improve colour doppler indices in patient with pre-eclampsia-a path less taken. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Dec;9(12):5124-6.
- Pyosalpingx- Delayed complication following transvaginal oocyte retrieval (TVOR) for invitro fertilization (IVF). International Journal of scientific research. Volume 9, issue 9, September 2020. Doi- 10.36101/ijsr.
- Letrozole – Novel drug for medical management for tubal ectopic pregnancy. International Journal of scientific research. Volume 9, issue 9, September 2020. Doi- 10.36101/ijsr.
- Sildenafil Citrate: Novel Therapy in the management of ovarian torsion. J Hum ReprodSci 2019;12:351-4.
- Pyometra in the postpartum: a forgotten complication. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2019;8:2923-5.
- Primary ovarian ectopic pregnancy: early diagnosis is the key. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Dec;8(12):5043-5045. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2320-1770.ijrcog20195368.
- A retrospective interventional study for evaluation of efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate in improving intrauterine growth restriction and oligohydramnios using ultrasound Doppler velocimetry. Int J Basic ClinPharmacol 2019;8:2736-40.
- Sildenafil citrate therapy in absent end diastolic flow in umbilical artery in an early onset fetal growth restriction (FGR) fetus. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Dec;7(12): DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2320-1770.ijrcog20180001.
- Ureteric Injury During Transvaginal Oocyte Retrieval (TVOR) and Review of literature. J Hum Reprod Sci 2017; 10:61-4.
- Sildenafil citrate for the management of fetal growth restriction and oligohydramnios. Int J Womens Health. 2016. Aug 9;8. 367-72. doi: 10.2147/IJWH.S108370.
- “Premenstrual syndrome”. Obs & gynac. Vol VI No.12:Dec 2001
- “Ethacridine lactate plus Tablet primiprost and Ethacridine lactate plus oxytocin in second trimester abortion”
- Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India
- Aug 2000; 50(4): 108 –110
- “ Use of Ketamine as labour analgesia”
- Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India
- Aug 2000;50(4):60-63
- “Sonohysterography for screening in recurrent pregnancy loss.”
- Bombay Hospital July 1999, 41(3):139-142.
- “Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of chromosomal abnormalities by multicolour FISH – The Jaslok experience.” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, 99: 441-444, 2001.
- “A prospective comparison of Nifedipine and isoxsuprine for Tocolysis” Bombay Hospital Journal, June 1999, 41(2):259-262
- “Validation of Resazurin test results in relation to conventional Semen analysis – large scale study”. J. Endocrinology and Reproduction Vol. 2, 1998.
- “Prenatal diagnosis of carrier state”, Interesting case. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. June 1995, Vol 45 No. 3.
- “Effect of Pentoxyphylline on motility of spermatozoa”. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. Feb. 1995, Vol 45 No. 1.
- “Use of Nifidepine in suppression of preterm labour”. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. Oct. 1993, Vol 43 No.5.
Text Book Contributions:
- Lateral metroplasty, for the book ‘Mastering the techniques in Hysteroscopy’, edited by Osama Shawki, Sushma Deshmukh & Luis Alonso Pacheco by Jaypee publications, First edition 2017.
- Complications in Assisted Reproductive Technique, for the book ‘Decoding Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)’ edited by Kanthi Bansal, Pooja Sahrma Dimri & Apoorva Pallam Reddy by Jaypee publications, First edition 2017.
- Medical management of male infertility, for the hand book ‘Day to day management of infertility’ released at MACORM conference, edited by Padma Rekha Jirge, 2016.
- “Pre Menstrual Syndrome” – A Review Obst & Gynae Today, Dec 2001,Vol VI, No 12 pg 737-740.
- “ART in PCOS” – in book title Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in 2004, Publisher: Orient Longman, Eds: Duru Shah, R.K. Bathena and
- “In Vitro Maturation of Oocytes” – in book title Heart and Soul of ART in 2004, Publisher – Jaypee Brothers. Ed: Dr. Prakash Trivedi.
- “An ART research Unit for Future” – in book title Heart and Soul of ART in 2004, Publisher – Jaypee Brothers. Ed: Dr. Prakash Trivedi.
FOGSI / MOGS / AMOGS publications: Over 50 articles and chapters in FOGSI Focus, MOGS news and views, e-newsletter, AMOGS newsletter and bulletin.
- Multicentric trial on RU 486 in jointly with Indian Institute of Research & Reproduction, 1995
- Think Global Endoscopic workshop BOGS, 1999
- Infertility Training Program , Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Nov. 1996, June 1997, July 1998
- BOGS Annual Meeting, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- World Labour Congress BOGS, 1997
- ESIMB 2001, Jaslok Hospital, Bombay
Adhoc lecturer post at Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital and Bandra Bhabha hospital for 2 years.
One and half years teaching experience during post graduation at Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital.
PG Teaching programme:
He has conducted more than 50 IUI workshops for postgraduate students and gynaecologists. He actively participate in various out reach programmes and NA Purandare teaching programmes for post graduate students.
He is a member of the Art of living foundation and his leisure time is filled with the pursuit of stress management and meditation. This has actually helped him in understanding the mental stress and agony infertile couples go through. He believes that treatment should also be directed to the life style modifications and stress reduction.
He has been conducting free medical camps for the benefit of the women above the age of 40. These camps helps in detecting certain medical conditions which when treated in time helps in improving the quality of women’s life. During these camps there are free test are conducted like Hemoglobin, random blood sugar, weight and body mass index, Blood During these camps he gives information about various health aspects including screening for genital and breast cancers to help in detection at early stages. During the camps he also shares knowledge about better Nutrition weight management program and newer family planning methods available which will improve the quality of women life.
For this free social work was appreciated by the Mumbai obstetrics and gynecological society by awarding him MOGS -DR. Ganatra charitable medical center awards for the best social activity and the twice the Dr. Duru Shah Best Committee award.
He is the co-founder of Mumbai Gynecologists Natak Company. Through this he has created awareness in the society about various sensitive topics like Female foeticide, Girl empowerment, etc. They also have various skits detailing with medicolegal issues in practice, recurrent pregnancy loss, infertility. Via these they depict real life scenarios and guide people, doctors and postgraduate students.